Prevent Hair Loss! Less Balding. Promote Healthy hair growth.
10 Tips for Preventing Hair Loss.
- Stop worrying and stressing. The #1 reason for hair loss is Stress.
- Less heat is best; reduce the use of appliances.
- No “everyday” wash. For Black sistas, it strips your hair of healthy oil.
- Scalp massage. It is soothing and it eases the tension on your scalp.
- Avoid hair ties that are too tight.
- Let the hair breathe. For men, watch out for caps and head wraps like bandanas. They are not meant to be used 24/7. Ladies, you too. Lose the scarfs; also, your bonnets are not meant for outings.
- Conditioner is your best friend. Especially in cold or dry season, apply a leave-in conditioner.
- Drink plenty of water. Hydration is healthy for the internal organs; it also refreshes the hair follicles.
- Avoid tight braids that pull on your edges.
- Trim, Trim, Trim! At least once in three months, a trim of all dead-ends and brittle tips will help reduce hair loss.
Tell us your tricks and tips for preventing hair loss.