Learn how to cook delicious fried beans that will make your family want more.
This special dish comes with a healthy case of palm oil.
- Brown (Ewa oloyin) or black-eyed beans
- 2 Onions
- 3-4 spoons palm oil
- 1 stock cube
- Habanero peppers (based on preference)
- Soak the beans in water at least 30 minutes prior to cooking. This will reduce bloating and upset stomach common with eating beans.
- Chop 1 onion into small slices.
- Cut the second onion into 4 big chunks to be grounded with the habanero peppers.
- Rinse the beans and put in a pot.
- Place the pot of beans on the stove.
- Add your stock cube (crushed) and the chunks of onion. Add enough water to cover the beans and start cooking.
- Cook the beans until it is very soft, adding water when necessary.
- When the beans is done, add salt, leave to dry up all the water and transfer the beans to another container.
- Next, pour palm oil into a dry clean pot. Place on the stove and heat it up till the oil melts. Note: do not bleach the oil.
- Add the sliced onions and stir for a bit. Add the ground habanero pepper and stir till everything is heated up very well, at most 2 minutes.
- Following, add the beans and stir for about 2 minutes. Add salt if necessary.
- Finally, cover the post and leave to simmer for about 3 minutes. All done!
You may serve your fried beans with plaintains (dodo) or bread. Any way like it..