Spice up your Friday with some home-made roasted corn!
Just like making Noodles or boiling water, there is nothing much to grilling or roasting maize. Others call it Grilled Corn. Whatever name you give it, this snack is popular in North and West Africa. Also, here in United States, it is part of what African-Americans call “Soul Food”.
- Prepare grill.
- Combine spices in a small bowl and set aside.
- Pull husks back from corn, and scrub silks.
- Then, brush butter over corn and a dash of the spice mixture.
- Place the corn back on the grill rack
- Lastly, grill for 12 -15 minutes or until done,
- Make sure you turn the corn occasionally to prevent excessive burning.
Serve and enjoy with a side of rice, suya, or coconut.