Makeup brushes should be cleaned at least once in every one or two weeks. Makeup residues on brushes attract all sorts of dirt and also form a good breeding ground for bacterial growth. Here is how to keep your makeup brushes clean.
- Place brush under running water to rinse off some dirt.
- Fill a bowl with lukewarm water. Squirt some baby shampoo in the water and swirl the brush in it ( I use my facial cleanser sometimes and its formulated for acne prone skin. This way I make sure that all bacteria causing acne is zapped off my brush).
- Rub the bristles with your fingers or gently beat against the bottom of the bowl. This will work lather into the inner bristles.
- Rinse several times until the water becomes clear of soap.
- Reform the shape of your brush and place on a piece of towel to dry.
Following these steps will keep your makeup brushes clean.
Ladies, what are other tips do you have for cleaning your brushes? Be sure to share with us in the comment section.
Photo Credit: Tom Ford