There is no place like home. Cassava flakes that’s another fancy word for soaked Garri.
It’s amazing how much we have trivialized the power of a tasty Garri soaked in ice cool water. With just the right amount of sugar (per preference), you can practically be in seventh heaven.
Some people like theirs with roasted peanuts; others prefer coconut chips or plain, sliced coconut. There are other options: grilled, goat meet, stir fry beef, or simple evaporated milk.
Garri is the new -ish. You will enjoy the taste of Nigeria’s traditional flakes as lunch, dinner, or light snack (in small portion, of course). There is actually a nice restaurant in Ghana that sells this yummy meal for about $40.
Cassava flakes (Garri), Water, and Sugar. (Optional: roasted peanuts, sliced coconut, banana, and milk)
- Pour the flakes in a cup or bowl.
- Add water covering the top of the bowl and stir.
- Pour away the water gently ensuring the flakes does not escape as well.
- Rinse one more time to get any dirt or residue out of the Garri.
- Add cool water or room temp with ice.
- Add sugar (Optional: add peanuts, coconut, banana, and milk as desired) and stir.
Serve and enjoy.